Disclaimer

The content of this website is mine alone and does not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Government, the Peace Corps, or the Comoros Government

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Packing List

I have a few odds and ends left to buy, but for the most part I am packed! I am spending a week in Seattle right before departure so I need to get this done sooner rather than later. It is my intention to post follow up information as time and experience gives me insight. I figure at a later date I will post a list including things I wish I brought and things I wish I had left behind.

This is what I have so far:

Electronics:
Laptop and charger
1TB hard drive
Solar charger and attachments
Bluetooth rechargeable speaker
Headlamp
Earbuds
iPod
Kindle
Adapter
Batteries
Flashlight
USB drives

Toiletries:
Body Wash/Face wash
Shampoo/conditioner
Deodorant
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes
Flossers
Razor/blades
Baby powder
Sunscreen
Nail clipper
Hair ties/headbands
Comb
Tampons (box of 18)
Menstrual cups (I have one Diva and one Lily cup)
Birth control (3 months)
Pumice stone
Tweezers
SPF lip balm



Clothing:
Knee-length skirt and dresses (5)
Pants- 1 tan linen and 1 black slacks
Jeans-1
Shorts- 1 plaid, 1 knee length cargo
Cardigans- 2
Tanks tops/undershirts- 5 in different colors
Thigh length tunic-1
Work shirts/blouses- 3
Casual shirts/t-shirts- 5
Leggings- 2
One piece swimsuit-1
Workout clothes- shirt, shorts, leggings
Raincoat
Bras- 2 normal, 2 sports
Underwear- 25
Socks- 2 dress, 2 sport
PJs- 1 pair
Hoodie- 1


Miscellaneous:
Quick-dry towel
Journal/notebooks
Pens
Hat
Sunglasses
Back-up glasses
Tiny frisbee
Umbrella
Knitting needles/yarn
Combo lock
Note cards
Family pics
Hammock
Duct tape
Watch
Peanut butter
Hammock
Games

Documents:
Private passport
Yellow vaccination card
Passport photos
Student loan paperwork
Vaccination records

Shoes:
Running shoes
Flip flops
Teva sandals
Boat shoes
Work flats

Everything should fit in my 75L hiking bag and one carry on. I feel like am underpacking on some things, at least compared to others. But I also believe that I am packing more than needed. I expect that I will be able to buy culturally appropriate clothing in Comoros. I don't want to bring much in the way of teaching material since that isn't very sustainable. I can live without American snacks and bath products. There is some specialty gear that I wonder if I will regret not having. I keep reminding myself that 735,000 Comorosians get by in Comoros just fine. And I am supposed to be living like a local anyway!

I will update as I discover everything that I have done wrong...


UPDATE: So I have received some advice and a care package that has added to my packing list. I picked up a number of games to use with the kids. I also bought some extra flashlights and basic supplies like sharpies and crayons. I've been convinced that one simply cannot come to Comoros without snorkeling gear. My best friend sent me a package with soap, pictures, and hanging clips. So I think I might end up using two checked bags instead of one! There are more pictures and details about my packing mishaps here: Packing Nightmare Continues

1 comment:


  1. Thank you for choosing R M Michaels Daily Financing Company as your preferred lender, we're poised to serving you better.Our offer is easy to go by and its flexibility is beyond measure.

    Our services include the following:
    * Personal Loan
    * Debt consolidation Loans
    * Ability
    * Business Loans
    * Educational Loans
    * Mortgage Loans
    *project Loans
    *Marriage Loans.

    Fill in the below details to enhance the process of you required amount without delay.

    Borrowers Data.
    1)Full Names:
    2)Country:
    3)address:
    4)State:
    5)Sex:
    6)Marital Status:
    7)Occupation:
    8)Phone Number:
    10)Monthly income:
    11)Next of Kin:
    12)Loan Amount Needed:
    13)Loan Duration:
    14)Purpose of Loan:

    Immediately the above details is filled and acknowledged in our office, we will forward to you our loan terms and conditions to reach an agreement before making the transfer to your preferred account to received your funs.

    Revert back to me to indicate your interest if you wish to proceed with us.


    Regards,
    Mrs. R.M Micheal's
    General Consultant
    Chief Executive Officer(C.E.O)
    R M Micheal's Daily Financing Company.
    dailyfinancing1080micheals.rm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete