Disclaimer

The content of this website is mine alone and does not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Government, the Peace Corps, or the Comoros Government

Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Things I Carry

As my leaving date gets closer I am thinking more and more often about the things that matter most to me. Yesterday I came home from a wonderful trip to visit friends in Seattle. When I arrived home there was a care package waiting for me. My best friend Elena had sent it to me while I was away. It contained amazing pictures of my friends, family, and cat. It also had a beautiful journal, clips to hang the photos, and soap (because she is very concerned with the future state of my hygiene). It could have contained anything at all and it wouldn't change the fact the it is probably the single most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me. Two years away from the people who are most important to me is a daunting prospect. But I also know who I am coming home to.


No comments:

Post a Comment