Disclaimer

The content of this website is mine alone and does not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Government, the Peace Corps, or the Comoros Government

Monday, May 11, 2015

An Introduction

Soon I will depart for my 27 month long Peace Corps service in the remote island chain of Comoros. When I do leave it will have been 11 months since I started this process. It's been a long journey and it hasn't even really started! I am part of the first Peace Corps cohort to serve in Comoros since the program closed in 1995. I anticipate that this new program in Comoros will provide many challenges and opportunities and I am hoping to use this blog to share my journey.

I'm spending my time before departing for service learning some French, having knitting lessons with my grandma, spending time with family, eating all of the food I will miss, and watching enough TV to last me a lifetime. I spent a year teaching English in Korea, and another six months in China but these 27 months in Comoros will probably be the hardest years of my life. But I am confident, as we all must be if we are undertaking this journey, that it will be worthwhile.



*If you are interested in more information about the Peace Corps application process you can check out my other blog, A Place in the Sun, which includes a lot of Peace Corps information that is not specific to Comoros.*


No comments:

Post a Comment